December 8, 2009

First minor setback (Why I’ll never go to Midas again)


On July 1 (according to the receipt) I took my car to Midas for new brakes. They told me I should get new rotors and, during a moment of temporary insanity I agreed. Fast forward five months and here I am at Midas again because my brakes are shaking and lumpy.

Yes, I said lumpy. Yes, the mechanic had to come out and ask me what lumpy meant. So what? It felt like my tires had a big old lump in them that I had to drive over every few seconds. Lumpy. Period.

Unfortunately the warranty on Midas rotors is only 90 days. 90 DAYS! For rotors? Yeah well my brakes were jacked after only a few months, but I, avoiding car repair like, well, car repair, put off my visit to Midas until it was too late. Now the owner/manager has offered to “split it with me.” Instead of the full rotor replacement price of $246.91, I’ll pay $123.46.

No, Mr. Midas, this just isn’t good enough. Five months for rotors is absolutely ridiculous and you’ve now insured I’ll never bring my car to your shop again. And I’ll blog about it, and tweet to my 600 area followers and tell my office of 200 to never go to your place for service. Boo, Midas. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment